- 3/4lb lean boneless beef top round steak cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper cut into strips
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- Marinade steak in Fajita Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat skillet for over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and marinade; cook to desired level.
- Spray vegetable oil onto grill pan. Cook onion and peppers and toss occasionally for about 15-20 minutes until tender.
Serve with sour cream and Homemade Guacamole. Enjoy!!!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Put all ingredients in glass bowl and mix with a whisk.
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and half-inch diced (I did 1/2 Granny Smith and 1/2 Gala apples)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 3/4 cup good cider vinegar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup raisins (OPTIONAL)
- Combine the apples, onion, ginger, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, pepper flakes and salt and in a large saucepan. B
- ring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 30-45 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Take off the heat and add the raisins.
I served this for dinner with pork chops and it was amazing! Definitely a must-try recipe!
So you’re in the apple orchards all excited to go apple picking. You give your children a bag each to fill up with all the apples they want. You take tons of great pictures, eat an apple right off the tree and drive home drinking apple cider you just bought feeling like the greatest mom for proving your children with such a great day. Now you’re home with bags of apples and no idea what you are going to do it all! Well, don’t worry. Below are some great and super easy apple recipes that you and your kids can do together. Happy Fall!
Great recipe to give your waffles a homemade taste without all the extra work!
- 2 cups of waffle mix
- 1 and 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of Homemade Applesauce
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Warm waffle iron
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth
- Let the mix sit for about 5-10 minutes to let it thick
- Pour mix into waffle iron and cook until your desire level of crispiness
To make it even more special, you can serve with caramelized apples and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- Peel, core and cut apples into small cubes
- Place slices or chunks into a pan with just enough water to slightly cover apples and boil/steam until tender; be sure to check on the water level and stir.
- Drain into a bowl
- You can either mash up the apples or put in a mixer to puree until smooth
Serve as desired. Enjoy!
I got this recipe from my mother in law. She used to make pita pizzas for me during my maternity leave so this recipe brings back special memories. My favorite part of this recipe (besides the easy clean up) is that the possibilities are endless. Serve with a salad and you have a great and super easy weeknight dinner!
- Pita Bread (I use the whole wheat only because I love the hearty taste of whole wheat)
- 1 can of Pizza Sauce (My favorite is Don Pepino’s Pizza Sauce)
- Mozzarella Cheese (Fresh is always best but any type will do)
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place pita bread on a baking sheet.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce on the pita bread.
- Generously cover pita bread with mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning on top.
- Place pita pizzas in oven for 15-20 minutes depending on your oven. (You know it’s done when the cheese starts bubbling.)
Buffalo Chicken Pita Pizza: Toss cooked shredded chicken (I always use any leftover chicken from the night before) in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and place on top of pita before placing in oven.
Tomato and Basil Pita Pizza: Slice one small tomato and add fresh basil and place on top of pita before placing in oven. Once the pita pizza is done, you can add more fresh basil on top to garnish.
Pepperoni Pita Pizza: Place pepperoni on top of pita. You can add chopped white onions and peppers as well depending on your preference.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless! You can even have your kids help and select their own toppings for a truly personalized meal.
Please share with me how you personalized your own pita pizza.
I would love to hear from you!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese or your favorite shredded cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE all ingredients and spoon into shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir.
- Serve with chips and/or vegetables.
- 1 package of cole slaw mix (you can definitely make this from scratch but it’s more time consuming)
- 3/4 cup of mayo
- 2 tsp of white granulated sugar
- 4 tsp of white (or red) vinegar
- 1 tsp of mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients well except the cole slaw mix. Pour over cole slaw mix and refrigerate for at least an hour to chill.
See below the full menu to host your very own Mexican fiesta. When I hosted a few nights ago in my own home, it took me a total of 30 minutes to do everything. The only things I had to actually cook was the beef and chicken which doesn’t take very long. Everything else just had to be taken out of its container and places in serving bowls. Super easy and so much fun!
- Chips and Salsa
- Simply Homemade Guacamole
- Ground Beef: Cook 1lb of ground beef with taco seasoning.
- Ground Chicken: Cook 1lb of ground chicken with taco seasoning.
- Caramelized Onions & Peppers
- Black Beans: Cook a can of Goya black beans with a teaspoon of oil and season with a 1/8 teaspoon of Goya Adobo for about 8-10 minutes in a saucepan. You can find all of these products in any local grocery store.
- Hard and soft taco shells
- Mexican blended cheese
- Sour cream
- Taco sauce
- Chopped Lettuce
- Diced Tomato
And don’t forget the sangria! For an even more authentic look, serve in Mexican inspired dishes. Email me with any questions.
Let me know how your Mexican Fiesta went!