Eat cake for breakfast!
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 slices
- 1 (8oz) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Drizzle with hot caramel sauce and enjoy!
- 1 and 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 stick of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 6 apples peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon
- Blend in butter until mixture is crumbly
- Place the apples on the bottom of a large baking dish
- Generously sprinkle the top with the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla, cinnamon or caramel flavored ice cream.