Recently I had my daughter’s 3rd birthday party at our home. Since the party was from 3pm-5pm, I wanted to have a light lunch/early dinner menu for the parents. Below is what I served and felt it was an easy and surprisingly healthy menu to share for any gathering you may have this summer in your home.
- Grilled Chicken: marinated with lemon juice, fresh garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Grilled Vegetables: lightly coat vegetables with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Great vegetables to grill are eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, green and red peppers and red onions.
- Summer Orzo Salad
- String Beans with Fresh Mint
Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
I don’t know about you but the colder seasons inspire me to cook big ol’ comfort dinners. Nothing says comfort to me than a nice steak and potato meal. I found this great and super easy recipe that your family is not only going to love but think you’ve slaved all day making!
- 4 (1 pound) New York strip steaks, 1-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut in half
- In a baking dish, sprinkle the steaks on both sides with the salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the rosemary in the dish and allow to marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes to an 1 hour.
- Make sure to turn the steaks halfway through to infuse with rosemary.
- After an hour remove the steaks from the baking dish and discard the rosemary
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Place the steaks on the grill.
- Cook for about 5 minutes on both sides for medium-rare.
- Remove from the grill and allow to rest under loosely fitted aluminum foil for 10 minutes. This allows all the juices to soak into the steak making it super juicy and moist.
- Drizzle the Rosemary Butter over your steak.
- Serve with Rosemary & Garlic Roasted Potatoes and enjoy!
What comfort meals do you enjoy to make during the cold seasons? I would to hear them!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the butter and salt.
- Stir until butter is melting and salt dissolves, then add the rosemary.
- Continue cooking on low for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary and discard.
Serve over your steak and enjoy!