- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 12/ minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound of tender string beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together except string beans and set aside.
- Trim the string beans and put in a large pot.
- Add cold water to cover.
- Bring water to boil and cook until you can pierce with a fork.
- Drain string beans and place under cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Add drained string beans to dressing.
- Toss well to coat.
- Cover and place in fridge to allow string beans to marinate overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.